This soup is flavorful and simple to make, and warms the tummy on a chilly fall night.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1/2 recipe butternut squash
- 2 apples, cored and minced fine
- 15-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except sour cream in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for a few minutes or until apples are tender.
- Top each bowl of soup with 2 tablespoons sour cream.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.