Manhattan Clam Chowder
Type: Soups and Stews
This version of the classic big-city clam chowder adds some tasty extras, like bacon bits!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups (10 ounces) diced raw potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 tablespoons Hormel Bacon Bits
- 1 (4.5-ounce drained weight) can minced clams, undrained
- In a large saucepan, combine onion, celery, potatoes, and water. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add mushroom soup, bacon bits, and undrained clams. Mix well to combine.
- Continue simmering for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.