Minestrone in Minutes
Type: Soups and Stews
This traditional Italian classic has been reinvented for busy families who relish a substantial vegetable soup enriched with a little pasta.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) Swanson Beef Broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen cut carrots
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Scant 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan, combine beef broth, water, cabbage, onion, tomato sauce, green beans, carrots, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes, and garlic.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Add uncooked macaroni. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring occasionally
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.