No-cook Pea and Mint Soup
Mint give this pea soup a deliciously fresh flavor.
Prep Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 cups (10oz/250g) frozen peas
- 2 cups (450ml) hot vegetable stock
- handful of fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- leaves from a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1-2 tbsp crème fraîche (optional)
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover the peas with hot water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Working in batches if needed, process the peas, stock, mint, and thyme in a blender until smooth. Add more stock if the soup is too thick. Season well with salt and pepper, and process again.
- To serve, stir in the crème fraîche, and top with a pinch of nutmeg. Serve hot or cold, with crusty bread.
- Use frozen fava beans or lima beans instead of the peas, or use a combination of peas and beans.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!