Pea and Potato Soup
Type: Soups and Stews
This rich, thick, and creamy pea and potato soup is great for a cold winter day.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) diced raw potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, celery, onion, and water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas.
- DO NOT DRAIN. Add mushroom soup, skim milk, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
- Thaw peas by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.