Peanuts contain a surprising amount of protein. This healthy recipe requires only two ounces of nuts to give the chicken-based soup a rich and peanutty flavor.
Serves: Serves: 6 (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups (one 12-fluid-ounce can) Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a large saucepan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté peanuts, carrots, celery, and green onion for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken soup and evaporated skim milk. Add parsley and garlic. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.