Santa Fe Gazpacho
There's nothing better on a very hot day than a cold bowl of this blended vegetable soup!
Serves: Serves: 6 (full 1 cup)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
- In a blender container, combine 1 cup tomato juice, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1 cup tomatoes, chili seasoning, and garlic.
- Cover and process on BLEND for 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining tomato juice, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Add onion, green pepper, and Brown Sugar Twin. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.