Snow Pea and Chicken Soup
Type: Soups and Stews
This Asian-style soup should please American palates with snow peas, carrots, chicken, and broth.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 3/4 cups)
- 4 cups (two 16-ounce cans) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 3/4 cups snow peas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth and chicken.
- Add carrots, green onion, snow peas, and lemon pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until snow peas are just tender.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.