Stracciatella with Pasta
A simple combination of chicken broth with eggs
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 20 mins
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini or broken spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 1 / 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp butter
- Bring the stock to a steady boil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Beat the eggs with the nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the butter to the stock. Stir the simmering stock with a whisk so the stock swirls in a vortex. In a steady stream, add the eggs. Cook about 1 minute, until the egg strands look set. Do not let the stock return to a boil. Remove from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- prep 10 mins; cook 20 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!