Tomato, Chicken, and Mushroom Soup
Type: Soups and Stews
Here's a great-tasting tomato, chicken, and mushroom soup that can warm up your family on a cold day.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cups (two 16-ounce cans) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 13/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (3 ounces) uncooked Minute Rice
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, water, chicken, and carrots. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in mushrooms, undrained stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add uncooked rice. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.