Vegetable Beef Stew
You may already have all the ingredients for this hearty vegetable beef stew. Just put them together!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 (29-ounce) cans chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 10-ounce package frozen baby carrots
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables of choice
- 16-ounce package precooked, diced potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- Pepper to taste
- Spray Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Place ground beef in pan, breaking into small pieces; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Add onions; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned and onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes with juice, carrots, mixed vegetables, potatoes, bay leaf and celery seeds to meat mixture; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes; season with pepper to taste.
- Stew can be refrigerated up to 3 days; if freezing, omit potatoes and add during reheating.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.