Blue Cheese Dressing
Type: Spreads and Dressings
Drizzle this creamy, tangy dressing over your favorite greens
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Serves: makes about 1 cup
- 3 / 4 cup plus 2 tbsp sour cream
- 4oz ( 100g) Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp finely snipped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the sour cream, cheese, garlic, vinegar, and mustard with 3 tbsp of water in a food processor, and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- prep 10 mins
Cheese Dressing: If you prefer, use another blue cheese, such as Danish blue or Gorgonzola or the same quantity of crumbled Cheddar cheese will make an equally creamy dressing.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!