Carrot and Parsnip Purée with Fresh Tarragon
Type: Spreads and Dressings
This rich, creamy purée can be made lighter with reduced calories by using vegetable stock instead of milk or cream
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10-15 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 5 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 large baking potato, such as Idaho or russet, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 / 3 cup plus 1 tbsp whole milk or heavy cream, heated
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the carrots and boil for 5 minutes. Add the parsnips and potatoes, and boil for 25 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are very tender. Drain well, shaking off any excess water.
- Put the vegetables and olive oil in a food processor, and process to a purée. With the motor running, slowly add the milk or cream. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10-15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!