Whip up your own quick black olive spread to enjoy on crackers or crostini at parties or snack time.
Serves: serves 4
- 20 pitted black olives
- 1 can anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 heaped tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in a blender and blend for a few seconds.
- Add black pepper to taste, and half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Blend again and repeat, adding more oil until the mixture is a smooth, thick purée.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!