Thousand Island Dressing
Type: Spreads and Dressings
There is no need to limit this dressing to salads-it goes particularly well with seafood
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Serves: makes about 11/3 cups
- 2 / 3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 / 3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- few drops of hot red pepper sauce
- Combine the mayonnaise, bell pepper, shallot, pickles, ketchup, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, and mix well. Season with the hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- prep 15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!