This cucumber and yogurt concoction goes well on greens, pita bread, and sandwiches.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz (300 g) natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash, dry, and cut the cucumber into cubes, sprinkle with salt, and place in a colander. Leave to drain for at least an hour.
- Stir the garlic into the yogurt, and add the oil and most of the mint leaves-save a few for the garnish.
- Dry the cucumber, put in a bowl, add the yogurt mixture, and toss.
- Add the black pepper and garnish with the reserved mint leaves.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!