If made with fat-free yogurt, this is a healthy alternative to mayonnaise
Prep Time: 10M
Serves: makes about 3/4 cup (5-7fl oz) (150-200ml)
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved stem ginger
- 1 tsp preserved ginger syrup, from the jar
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the yogurt, parsley, dill, ginger, ginger syrup, lemon zest, and juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare ahead: The dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Good with falafel or grilled meat, such as lamb.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!