Broiling vegetables is a healthy and quick way to sneak some healthy food into your meal.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 1 large, peeled eggplant, sliced thickly
- 2 zucchini squash, striped (half peeled, so that the squash has a zebra look), sliced thickly
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Basil (fresh leaves are perfect, 1 tsp. dried will do)
- 1⁄4 cup Kalamata olives
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes, eggplant, and sqash in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil under high heat for three minutes or until surface of vegetables begins to bubble and crisp.
- Flip each piece and broil for two to three more minutes.
- Serve over rice, drizzle with more olive oil, and top with basil, olives, and salt.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.