Hearty and flavorful, this pasta dish was inspired by the true taste of Italy. The recipe makes enough for two meals.
Serves: Serves 8
- 1 lb. gemelli or other small pasta
- 3 TB. olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, scraped and chopped
- 2 zucchini, striped and chopped
- 1 TB. dried basil
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups 20-Minute Tomato Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onions and garlic for five minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and carrots, bring to a boil, and cook for three minutes.
- Add zucchini, basil, cannellini beans, and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, and cook for five minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain, and return to cooking pot.
- Add vegetable mixture, toss to thoroughly mix, and serve seasoned with salt, pepper, and Parmesan.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.