This easy and tasty rice side is the perfect accompaniment to any main dish.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 TB. butter
- 1 TB. canola oil
- 2 cups quick-cooking white rice
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 31⁄2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 TB. golden raisins
- 8 cashews, sliced lengthwise
- 10 almonds, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. coriander
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add rice, cardamom, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until rice starts to stick.
- Add water and salt.
- When rice and water boils, add raisins, cashews, almonds, cloves, and coriander.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until done.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.