Rosemary's Quick Enchiladas
This vegetarian take on enchiladas is colorful and tasty. The recipe can easily be doubled.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans (drained)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 8 oz. Monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 2⁄3 cup + 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine drained beans, corn, cream cheese, 4 ounces cheese, cumin, and 2⁄3 cup salsa in large pan. Heat until cheese is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Place 1⁄4 heated mixture in a tortilla and roll it up.
- Repeat until mixture is used up. Should make four medium or three large filled enchiladas.
- Place them close together in a baking pan.
- Spoon remaining 1⁄3 cup salsa over tightly spaced enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.