Sautéed Greek Mushrooms
Bring the taste of Greece to your dinner table with this flavorful mushroom recipe.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2⁄3 cups olive oil
- 1 TB. chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tsp. coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb. mushrooms, quartered if they are large, whole if they are small
- Lemon wedges to season.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, water, coriander, oregano, black pepper, and bay leaf. Cook for seven minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for five minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to a serving dish but continue to cook sauce for three to four minutes to reduce it.
- Pour sauce over mushrooms and pass the serving dish around the table with lemon wedges and salt to season.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.