Spiced Vegetable Kebabs
This is a quick, healthy, and delicious vegetarian grilling recipe -- with a spicy kick!
Serves: Serves 4
- Kebab skewers (available at most grocery stores)
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint button mushrooms
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 2 tsp. spice seasoning blend featuring red pepper, pepper, paprika, and salt, such as Cajun, Italian, or even curry
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- On each skewer, slide alternating pieces of eggplant, pepper, onion, and mushroom until the skewer is full. Repeat with other skewers.
- Mix olive oil and seasoning and drizzle generously over each skewer.
- Place skewers on grill over flame. Cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.